Virginia Tech® home

Veteran Certification

While you are attending Virginia Tech, the Registrar’s Office will assist you in using your VA entitlement by certifying your enrollment to the Department of Veterans Affairs. Contact the Office of Veteran Services for additional support and guidance to financial, academic, and social resources. 

To request use of your VA education benefits:

  1. New students: Must first contact the Office of Veteran Services to receive vital intake information.
  2. Submit your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the Office of Veteran Services before you use a benefit the first time or to change the benefit Chapter.
  3. Register for courses that count toward your academic program. The VA will not pay for courses that are not explicitly required for your program (e.g. excess free electives).
  4. On Hokie SPA, complete your Veterans Enrollment Certification form for each term that you wish to use your benefit. Your benefit cannot be certified if the form is not completed for the intended term

Note: If you receive an email from, please follow the instructions as soon as possible to facilitate prompt processing of your request.