Degree Requirements & Graduation
Graduation requirements specific to graduate level students and graduate commencement are managed by the Graduate School. Additional infomration may be found through the Graduate School.
What appears on your diploma?
- Degree Title (See a complete list of degree titles.)
- Distinction (if applicable)
- Honor Designation (if applicable)
Note: Minors and major concentrations/options DO NOT appear on your diploma
How do I order an additional or replacement diploma?
You may write a letter of request with the following information:
- Full legal name (as it should appear on the diploma)
- Your social security number and/or your student number
- Degree received
- Date or approximate date the degree was received
- Address to which the diploma should be mailed
- Signature of the student
- Enclose $20.00 fee (check/money order) payable to "Treasurer of Virginia Tech"
Office of the University Registrar
250 Student Services Building
Mail Code 0134
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Undergraduate diplomas are 13.5 inches by 15.5 inches and will be in the current format with current signatures.
It takes approximately 10-12 weeks to receive a diploma.
For additional questions, please contact our Graduation Analysis and Services unit at 540-231-6252. Contact the Graduate School for information on ordering Graduate School replacement diplomas at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 540-231-8636.