Drop/Add & Course Request Dates
Course Request Availability
- Fall 2020: March 24 - April 7, 2020
- Spring 2021: October 20-27, 2020
- Summer 2021: Summer no longer has course request.
Web Drop/Add Availability
|Add/Drop/Resign Dates||Add||Drop||Last Day to Resign|
|Fall 2020||4/25/20 - 5/29/20 & 7/13/20 at 6pm - 8/28/20||4/25/20 - 5/29/20 & 7/13/20 - 10/5/20||10/26/20
|Spring 2021||11/28/20 - 1/25/21||11/28/20 - 3/1/21||3/30/21|
|S1: First 6 Week Summer Session 2021||TBD - 5/26/21||TBD - 6/7/21||6/15/21|
|S2: Second 6 Week Summer Session 2021||TBD - 7/9/21||TBD - 7/20/21||7/28/21|
|S3: 12 Week Summer Session 2021||TBD - 5/27/21||TBD - 6/22/21||7/8/21|
- The university processes all course requests received according to availability of seats in course requests.
- Schedule adjustments are allowed during the "DROPADD" timeframe.
- Departments may allow entry in course sections that are at capacity ("FULL").
- See the department offering the course to determine the process to request a "Force-Add" (registration over capacity).
- Departments may not Force-Add over published room capacities.
- Access: Authorized access to HokieSpa is based on the student's PID (password assistance: 4-HELP, 540-231-4357)
- Note: There is no priority given to processing a student's request if entered the first day of course request nor is there a penalty for entering a request the final day of course request.
- However, waiting until the last day of the course request period ensures difficulty in accessing the system due to the higher volume of activity.
- See importance of Course Request