Drop/Add & Course Request Dates
Course Request Availability
- Fall 2021: March 23 - April 6, 2021
- Spring 2022: October 19 - November 2, 2021
- Summer 2022: Summer no longer has course request.
Web Drop/Add Availability
Drop/Add opens at 8:00 p.m. on the dates listed below. During the Fall semester, Drop/Add has an initial period that will open at 8:00 p.m. When it re-opens for the second period of time, it will open at midnight on the date posted.
|Add/Drop/Resign Dates||Add||Drop||Last Day to Resign|
|Spring 2021||12/5/20 - 1/25/21||12/5/20 - 3/1/21||3/30/21|
|S1: First 6 Week Summer Session 2021||3/15/21 (8pm) - 5/26/21||3/15/21 (8pm) - 6/7/21||6/15/21|
|S2: Second 6 Week Summer Session 2021||3/15/21 (8pm) - 7/9/21||3/15/21 (8pm) - 7/20/21||7/28/21|
|S3: 12 Week Summer Session 2021||3/15/21 (8pm) - 5/27/21||3/15/21 (8pm) - 6/22/21||7/8/21|
|Fall 2021||4/23/21 (8pm) - 5/28/21 & 8/2/21 - 8/27/21||4/23/21 (8pm) - 5/28/21 & 8/2/21 - 10/5/21||10/25/20|
|Winter 2022 (Virtual)||8/2/21 - 12/27/21||8/2/21 - 12/27/21||1/4/22|
|Winter 2022 (Residential)||8/2/21 - 1/3/22||8/2/21 - 1/3/22||1/4/22|
|Spring 2022||11/26/21 (8pm) - 1/24/22||11/26/21 (8pm) - 2/28/22||3/29/22|
- The university processes all course requests received according to availability of seats in course requests.
- Schedule adjustments are allowed during the "DROPADD" timeframe.
- Departments may allow entry in course sections that are at capacity ("FULL").
- See the department offering the course to determine the process to request a "Force-Add" (registration over capacity).
- Departments may not Force-Add over published room capacities.
- Access: Authorized access to HokieSpa is based on the student's PID (password assistance: 4-HELP, 540-231-4357)
- Note: There is no priority given to processing a student's request if entered the first day of course request nor is there a penalty for entering a request the final day of course request.
- However, waiting until the last day of the course request period ensures difficulty in accessing the system due to the higher volume of activity.