Drop/Add & Course Request Dates
Course Request Availability
- Spring 2020: October 22-29, 2019
- Summer 2020: Summer no longer has course request.
- Fall 2020: March 24 - April 7, 2020
Web Drop/Add Availability
|Add/Drop/Resign Dates||Add||Drop||Last Day to Resign|
|Spring 2020||11/30/19 - 1/27/20||11/30/19 - 4/15/20
|S1: First 6 Week Summer Session 2020||3/3/20 - 5/28/20||3/3/20 - 6/8/20||6/16/20|
|S2: Second 6 Week Summer Session 2020||3/3/20 - 7/10/20||3/3/20 - 7/21/20||7/29/20|
|S3: 12 Week Summer Session 2020||3/3/20 - 5/29/20||3/3/20 - 6/23/20||7/9/20|
|Fall 2020||4/25/20 - 5/29/20 & 7/13/20 - 8/28/20||4/25/20 - 5/29/20 & 7/13/20 - 10/5/20||10/26/20
- The university processes all course requests received according to availability of seats in course requests.
- Schedule adjustments are allowed during the "DROPADD" timeframe.
- Departments may allow entry in course sections that are at capacity ("FULL").
- See the department offering the course to determine the process to request a "Force-Add" (registration over capacity).
- Departments may not Force-Add over published room capacities.
- Access: Authorized access to HokieSpa is based on the student's PID (password assistance: 4-HELP, 540-231-4357)
- Note: There is no priority given to processing a student's request if entered the first day of course request nor is there a penalty for entering a request the final day of course request.
- However, waiting until the last day of the course request period ensures difficulty in accessing the system due to the higher volume of activity.
- See importance of Course Request