- A $10.00 charge per copy is assessed.
- Payment options include credit card (online), check (mail request), or cash (in person only). Overpayments exceeding $5.00 will be refunded.
- Payment must accompany the request or they request will not be processed.
- Financial holds on your record must be lifted before requests are processed.
- Volume often requires three to five business days for processing with the exception of peak periods (beginning and end of semester, commencement, and registration) which may require additional processing time.
- Our office does not send transcripts via fax, scanned attachment, email, or by mailing services such as FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. Transcripts are sent by the US Postal Service.
NOTE: Please do NOT submit your transcript attachment (NCEES, CASPA, AACOMAS, AMCAS, LSAC, AADSAS, NCARB, PharmCAS, PTCAS, etc.) as your transcript request. You MUST place your transcript order and place an attachmnet hold when ordering through HokieSpa. Email your attachment and transcript order transaction number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transcripts ordered with holds or during the week following the end of term are subject to delays and may not be mailed within our three to five business day policy.
Credit card/Online Requests
- Require an active Virginia Tech PID (initiate/reactivate).
- If you have an active PID, submit transcript requests through Hokie Spa.
In person Requests & Payments
Individuals who have exhausted the option of obtaining access to their Hokie Spa account or require assistance with ordering a transcript may visit our office in order to make a request in person. In person orders will require a cash or check payment.
Special Note: Mailed requests will extend the processing time of your request. Our office is not able to bill students for transcript requests.
Write a check, made payable to "Treasurer, Virginia Tech" for $10 to:
Office of the University Registrar (MC0134)
Student Services Building, Ste. 250, Virginia Tech
800 Washington St., SW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
The following information must be included in the mailed request:
- Full name
- Student Identification Number
- Dates of attendance at Virginia Tech
- Any degree(s) earned while at Virginia Tech
- Return address
- Number of copies needed
- Any third party address(es) who should receive the transcript
- Telephone number
- E-mail address (if applicable)
- Complete legal signature reflecting your name
Note: Failure to include ALL required information in mailed requests may result in delayed transcript processing.