Summer 2021 end of term transcript requests will start processing on Wednesday, August 18, 2021. Transcripts designated for mailing will be mailed USPS 1st Class mail, or AIR MAIL for international requests. No summer grades will be available until August 18, 2021.
Summer 2021 grades and awarded degrees will be reflected on transcripts beginning Wednesday, August 18, 2021. Grades will be available to view in Hokie Spa on Wednesday, August 18, 2021.
If you order your transcript BEFORE 5pm Tuesday, August 17, 2021 AND want your current term grades and/or degree conferral/awarded statement to be reflected, check a “Current Term Completion” (i.e., term grades) or “Degree Completion” (i.e., degree conferral/awarded statement) hold on your order.
A note about “Current Term Completion” hold: If you order your transcript AFTER 5pm Tuesday, August 17, 2021 DO NOT check the “Current Term Completion” hold or your transcript will be held for the Fall 2021 semester grades.
A note about “Degree Completion” hold: If you check an order with a “Degree Completion” hold, the transcript will not print until the degree has been awarded. Transcripts are subject to delays based upon final degree confirmation.
You may check the status of your transcript order in Hokie Spa under the transcript and certification menu by clicking “view the status of transcript requests”.
If you have questions please contact us at: email@example.com
ATTENTION GRADUATE STUDENTS:
Please confirm with the graduate school that your degree has been awarded if you are ordering your transcript without holds. The graduate school is reviewing each degree candidate’s individual record and will conclude the review process based on established deadlines. You can also track your progress on your Degree Checklist within HokieSPA.
- A $10.00 charge per copy is assessed.
- Payment options include credit card (online), check (mail request), or cash (in person only). Overpayments exceeding $5.00 will be refunded.
- Payment must accompany the request or they request will not be processed.
- Financial holds on your record must be lifted before requests are processed.
- Volume often requires three to five business days for processing with the exception of peak periods (beginning and end of semester, commencement, and registration) which may require additional processing time.
- Our office does not send transcripts via fax, scanned attachment, email, or by mailing services such as FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. Transcripts are sent by the US Postal Service.
NOTE: Please do NOT submit your transcript attachment (NCEES, CASPA, AACOMAS, AMCAS, LSAC, AADSAS, NCARB, PharmCAS, PTCAS, etc.) as your transcript request. You MUST place your transcript order and place an attachment hold when ordering through HokieSpa. Email your attachment and transcript order transaction number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transcripts ordered with holds or during the week following the end of term are subject to delays and may not be mailed within our three to five business day policy.
Credit card/Online Requests
- Require an active Virginia Tech PID (initiate/reactivate).
- If you have an active PID, submit transcript requests through Hokie Spa.
In person Requests & Payments
Individuals who have exhausted the option of obtaining access to their Hokie Spa account or require assistance with ordering a transcript may visit our office in order to make a request in person. In person orders will require a cash or check payment.
Special Note: Mailed requests will extend the processing time of your request. Our office is not able to bill students for transcript requests.
Write a check, made payable to "Treasurer, Virginia Tech" for $10 to:
Office of the University Registrar (MC0134)
Student Services Building, Ste. 250, Virginia Tech
800 Washington St., SW
Blacksburg, VA 24061
The following information must be included in the mailed request:
- Full name
- Student Identification Number
- Dates of attendance at Virginia Tech
- Any degree(s) earned while at Virginia Tech
- Return address
- Number of copies needed
- Any third party address(es) who should receive the transcript
- Telephone number
- E-mail address (if applicable)
- Complete legal signature reflecting your name
Note: Failure to include ALL required information in mailed requests may result in delayed transcript processing.